Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: Marry Me




While driving to work today, I got to thinking about one of my characters and the particular situation he has gotten himself into when this song came on the radio. He is in love with another young warrior and wants to marry her but a marriage between them is highly unlikely. Unbeknowst to my character, the young warrior is engaged to marry another man from her world. You see, Naqabashi warriors only marry from their own race. And even more than that, they only marry from the Naqaban warrior clans. I feel bad, because she really does like him and thinks very highly of him, but being proud and bound by honor and duty,she will reject him if he ever gets up the nerve to ask her. And at this point, he is building up that courage.

5 comments:

Coleen Patrick said...

I love how music inspires writing too!

Heather said...

Aw, that's so sad. :( But that's part of what we have to put our characters through to figure out what they're made of. Not to mention to create a great story. :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Oh! Poor young warrior! Unrequited love. When she rejects him, will he pine for her? Live a life of solitude? Go into battle and get himself killed? I guess we'll need to read the story :)

Karen Strong said...

That sounds like the type of drama that will make the story really good...think of the tension!

Ah, forbidden love. Maybe I'm a sadist but there's nothing more I like than two people who cannot be together. I'm so weird. Ha.

Nicole said...

Yay, Train!

As for your tragic love story...sequel please. :)


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators