Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday's Muse: Nature Inspired

Photo source: National Geographic 
Antelope Canyon, Arizona

Isn't this photo just breathtaking!?!? I love the colors and patterns that nature has produced on this canvas of sandstone. For my next vacation, I would love to visit this canyon.  

Quote for the Day: 
"Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play
no jokes and cannot tell the difference between reality
and an imagined thought or image. What we continually
think about eventually will manifest in our lives."
~Robert Collier~

13 comments:

Joanna said...

It is stunning. Imagine the milennia and weather it has taken to sculpt such beauty!

Anonymous said...

Hi There,I hope you are well. I just wanted to stop by and say a HUGE Thank you for your kind words. Always nice to hear. I'm sure I'll find my way around its just finding the time to do it at the moment :)
Thanks once again and stay in touch
Eve.xxx

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

This IS a gorgeous photo! Thanks for sharing! I love your blog and am a new follower - don't know how I missed it before :) I am also doing a reading challenge (way behind in updating!) Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what grade do you teach? Do you write Picture Books? MG? YA? Looking forward to getting to know you through the campaign!

Maeve Frazier said...

Yes, I love the picture and great quote!

Karen Strong said...

This is beautiful. And I love this quote. I'm going to save it to my file. It is SO true.

Lauren F. Boyd said...

Yes, this photo is beautiful. I would certaily like to see it in real life.

And thanks for commenting on my blog and for Tweeting the article.

Nicole said...

Lovely! It conjures up images of exotic desert planets. :)

Jenny Sulpizio said...

Wow! That is a great photo and simply amazing! I am a campaigner who has finally gotten around to following you back. I look forward to reading more. :)

Blessings,
Jenny Lee Sulpizio

Shannon Lawrence said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous shot! I love all of the formations that can be made with sandstone (we've got a lot around here). That is definitely a place I'd like to visit some day.

Lisa Potts said...

Such an awesome picture. Very inspirational. And I love your quote of the day.

Claire Hennessy said...

What a beautiful picture. It looks like fabric of some kind, some sort of fabulously expensive gossamer dress. Love the quote.
I’m delighted to award you The Versatile Blogger Award: http://clairehennessy.blogspot.com/
Have a great day :)

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Beautiful picture. Love the quote, too!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture. I have to say though, my subconscious mind MUST have a sense of humor.


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators