Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fabulous Friday updates and more!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday!! It is Labor Day weekend and I have got fun plans in the works. I am going on a retreat to Vashon Island this weekend and hope to get a LOT of writing in. :) I need some beautiful, serene nature right now. I need the flow of its energy to help me release big time. Not to mention, I have been dying to play around with my camera, so this is the perfect chance to do so! :D

I am 33 chapters into The Secret of Spruce Knolls. It is one hot tamale! I'm really enjoying the pace of the story. for every chapter I finish, a question is answered but two appear! I like that in a novel, sort of moves the story along. I also like the character Eren. While I can't relate to her experience, I definitely feel for her struggles and the situation she has found her self in. She makes me want to jump into the story and kick something but she is one tough young lady. She makes me proud! And Aiden, I am quite curious about his story. If Heather does not write a novel about him, I'm going to be crushed! I'm also a scifi fantasy lover so anything out of the ordinary peaks my curiosity! Channelers have peaked my curiosity. Such a mysterious bunch they are, scary, very scary but quite mysterious. I can't wait to gift one lucky winner with this book! :D You are going to like it!!!!

I was totally surprised and floored today when I came to my blog and found I had an award! I was gifted with the Liebster Award by fellow campaigner Kate Swenson Is she not the sweetest!!! This award is given to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I will be passing this on shortly along with a few other fun blog awards!



In other news, the sun is shining here in Seattle and that is always good news :)

7 comments:

ruth.the.writer said...

Congratulations on your Leibster award! Looking forward to following your blog and being in the campaign with you :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hot Tamales! You rock. Congratulations on the award.

Katie Gates said...

Happy Labor Day Weekend. I just linked over from the Campaign list. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Katie! Nice to meet you! :)

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

LOL Thanks Alex!!!!

elizabethanne said...

Congrats on your award (and on the sunny weather) -- have a good weekend!

I'm planning lots of writing as well, although it won't be in a gorgeous retreat spot. Also doing some reading -- "Beginner's Luck" by Laura Pedersen. After reading Patricia McCormick's "Sold" and "My Brother's Keeper", I needed something a little lighter.

Christy Farmer said...

Nice to meet you, stopping by to say hello from your literary fiction group and hope you have a nice labor day weekend;)


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators