Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monday's Muse: Nature and Camping! *posting a little early*

Taken at Camp Burton Vashon Island, Wa

     Last weekend I went on a camping retreat. While I enjoyed myself there, it wasn't something I was truly prepared for. I was under the impression that I'd have a lot of time for leisurely pleasures like writing and reading. Well, I did get some writing down and some reading but I mostly spent time with the other campers, hiking, boating, telling stories around the camp fire (well, I mostly listened and watched for critters on the ground in the light of the fire *shudders*) the usual camp stuff. 

     While on a hike, I came across this tree. It was the only tree along our trail that had mushrooms on it. I thought it looked out of place for some reason especially since I had not come across any others along the way or even after. Those mushrooms stuck in my mind for a long time. That night, as I settled in for some write time working on the first prompt of The Rule of Three Blog Fest, the image of the lonely patch of mushrooms popped back up in my mind and writing. Somehow, they made their way into my story! These mushrooms will play a vital role in the Renaissance Awakening.


I love nature, it is so inspiring! And now for some nature quotes :D

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
Navajo Proverb
"Trees give peace to the souls of men."
Nora Waln correspondent 1895-1964
To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.
Terry Tempest Williams
It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.
Robert Louis Stevenson
The moment one give close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.
Henry Miller
If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it.
President Lyndon B. Johnson

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I too love nature. But not such a fan of all the creepy crawlies one finds in nature. hehe. Mostly I just hate cockroaches. Any cockroach. Any time. I'm ready to hate it.

Anonymous said...

I'm also a nature lover! I find huge inspiration in my mountains. Okay, well they're not REALLY mine, but I like to think that the Rockies were put there just for me. :)
Every time I'm in them, inspiration flows!
Great quotes.

elizabethanne said...

Fascinating post, and great quotes! I've just listed you as a recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award. You can find the details on this post on my blog: http://elizabethannewrites.com/2011/09/13/im-a-versatile-blogger/

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thank you elizabeth!!!! :)


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators