Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (3)

From the chapters of "The Protected Bloodlines."

They had just exited the mountain city entrance when a rock skipped. They both stopped. By the time Batu turned and withdrew his weapon, Nusa had already pounced on a young Taharan, the very young man who had approached and touched Saheeb. She held the young man by his throat and held him high above the ground,

“Who are you,” she asked shaking him violently, “Why are you following us?”

The young man choked and gasped for air as his legs dangled under him. He tried to speak but her talon shaped fingers dug into his throat.

“Nusa,” Batu said, “let him go so we can hear what he has to say.”

Nusa dropped the poor young man onto the ground while Batu aimed his weapon at him.

“Speak,” he demanded, “who are you and why are you following us?”

“Thank you,” he said rubbing his throat and coughing and gasping for air. “I was sent to watch you and make sure you were truly ready.”

Batu and Nusa looked at each other.

“Truly ready for what?” Batu asked

4 comments:

Patricia T. said...

Saba,
I liked the excerpt you shared from your WIP Protected Bloodlines. Left me wanting to turn the page. Also read your othe WIPs. I would think that you would have wonderful success, with your multicultural books -- there is such a need for American Muslims to read stories they can relate to.

Have looked at your website and am intrigued. It is very unique. I had no idea there was an Americal Muslim Girl magazine! I read through the three you showed and was very impressed with the lesson plans and content. And, I like that all cultures are represented -- I like to think that we are all multi-ethnic. You really are doing some interesting writing and projects I applaud your WIP and wish you much success.

Patricia

Karen Strong said...

Wow, Nusa was not playing. She lifted him off the floor too.

Love how this snippet ended. Ready for what? Ugh, I want to know now too! :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

You got me! Ready for WHAT?!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thank you so much, Patricia! Yes, there is a big market for MG and YA for young Muslim Americans I know I have a long way to go before my work is suitable for publishing but I look forward to publishing my stories one day:) Thanks for visiting my website. It is a labor of love. :)

LOL @ Karen. Yes, Nusa does NOT play around! :D

Haha, just the reaction I was hoping for! Thank you Susanna! :D


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators