Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (11)

Ready for another Teaser Tuesday? Today I will do another from my WIP "The Protected Bloodlines," as I have yet to start another book yet. The last book I read was "The Magician" by Michael Scott. It was pretty good though the unawakened twin, Josh, was starting to get on my nerves a bit. My next tbr book is Void by Rhiannon Lassiter.
**********************************
Nusa walked into the common food court. It was empty except for a few changelings sitting in a circle. Nusa eyed them then moved to the far end of the large room. She perched on the ledge looking out a massive window. She watched the colors of FTL pass by. She closed her eyes and opened her mind to the occupants in the room. Nusa tightened her eyes as she merely felt whispers and life forces. She grimaced. It upset her that she could not easily read the changelings as she could other humanoid life forms. She loosened her tense shoulders and relaxed her wings. Nusa returned her gaze to the fluidic movement of light and space outside the window. She heard the doors of the food court open. The light, rhythmic steps had an ever-slight bounce but were firm and focused.
“Could not sleep, Uma,” Nusa asked without turning around.
The steps stopped abruptly. 


“How did you know it was me?” 

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love this, especially the description down to her steps. Looks fantastic, just a question mark out of sequence near the end.

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thank you Heather!!! Also fixed that runaway question mark! :)


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators