Tips for a Happy NaNoWriMo
1) Clear your schedules. If you are like me, writing 1,667 words a day is slow but steady work. Other than work, my time will be spent either on my laptop or writing in a notebook, I wont have time to socialize, read books, cook, clean, blog, facebook or twitter (unless it is #NaNoWriMo related).
2) Create a comfortable work space. Yes, I used 'work' because NaNoWriMo will work you like a job! I like soft music, large table, cup of tea and preferably a window to write.
3) IF you just HAVE to get on the internet, visit NaNoWriMo.org. Create an account and join your fellow NaNo-ers for tips, support, motivation, encouragement and accountability throughout the month.
4) Write. Write. Write. Do not worry about perfection. Forget you have a delete button. This challenge is about getting your story down on paper, not craft. You can edit it later.
5) Got writer's block. Get up and stretch. Change writing space for a bit. Take a walk. Exercise. Visit Nanowrimo.org and get inspired by your fellow NaNo-ers.
6) Participate in Write-ins. Writing can be a lonely profession but it does not always have to be so solitary. Whether online or in person, join group writing activities. Write-ins are really fun. Check out this link to find one near you.
7) Snacks. Gotta have them! My faves are tea (you should see my tea stash :D ) fruit, nuts, and dark chocolate (almonds, peanuts, cashews or macadamias).
8) But the most important of all.......HAVE FUN!!!!!!! 50,000 words or not, just getting however many words you muster up on paper (or screen) alone is an achievement in itself!
You got this!