Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Monday, July 30, 2012

Book Buzz: Tea Cakes for Tosh


I just love Kelly Starling Lyons! I knew I found  a children's book author that could really bring history to life for children (and adults :D) from the moment I read her book, One Million Men and Me, a picture book that recounts the historic Million Man March through the eyes of a little girl who was with her daddy on that day. 

I also had the opportunity to review her book, Ellen's Broom which tells the story of a young girl who learns a new meaning for freedom during the time of Reconstruction.

Kelly is a wonderful writer and I'm just so happy to learn that she has a new book coming out called Tea Cakes for Tosh. It is a touching story about a young boy, Tosh, who helps his beloved grandmother, Honey, remember an important family story. 

I am really looking forward to its release in December! Check out her blog or Amazon.com to pre-order Tea Cakes for Tosh! 



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Saba,

Thanks so much for your kind words and support of my work! I appreciate you.


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators