Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday's Muse: The Gratitude Challenge



“So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me”. [Quran 2: 152]


Gratitude is the acknowledgment that all things good come from Allah (God) and it is also the realization that when things don't happen the way we plan, or we don't see the blessing that we are trying to attain, that it is His plan and will to withhold that blessing. Thus, being grateful means to accept the blessings He gives with praises and humility and being patient when the Almighty denies.


This week I begin a challenge of the heart. This challenge will focus on all the favors and bounties I am blessed with, the good, the sad, and even the hurtful. This challenge is open and anyone can join. In fact, if you leave a comment or link to your blog, I would love to read what you are grateful for. :)

You can express your gratitude in how ever way you like be it in verse, prose or photography or all the above. :)

It is my hope that all who participate, including myself, will learn to focus on the favors and blessings our Lord has blessed us with, not the everyday struggles that make us forget just how truly blessed and loved we are.

No comments:


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators